Norton Livestock Handling Solutions decided to reduce its dependence on outsourcing and turned to Delahenty Machinery for advice and a plasma cutter solution.
Michael McCarthy of Delahenty Machinery explains “Our relationship with the team at Norton spans over 10 years. They wanted to bring outsourced jobs in-house and improve part availability for its welders. Their laser work, and lead times were getting longer and longer as the market got busier. The Hornet LTX perfectly met the capacity needs, footprint size, and cut speeds. It is a great ‘plug and play’ machine requiring minimal training.”
Based in Hasting Victoria, Norton is Australia’s leading manufacturer and supplier of farm gates, gate hardware, livestock handling equipment and associated rural products into the animal farming sector.
Image top right: The experienced team of Troy, Tom and Rusty from Norton Livestock Handling Solutions.
Hornet Cutting Systems specialise in CNC plasma cutting machines, oxy-fuel and waterjet cutting machines. The all-new Hornet LTX brings unmatched performance, heavy-duty steel construction and an economical footprint to fabricators across all industries. High-quality motion inputs and zoned downdraft or adjustable level water table features come standard to get you up-and-running in a matter of hours.
Some of the Hornet LTX features and benefits include:
- EXCEPTIONAL MOTION CONTROL: Increased quality and part production, less waste, and more uptime from high-performance components.
- DURABLE STEEL CONSTRUCTION: Strong, long-lasting, heavy-duty steel construction means years of unmatched productivity.
- HYPERTHERM TECHNOLOGY: Fully integrated CNC Control Software is intuitive and operator-friendly for less training, more uptime and increased operating efficiency.
HORNET LTX™ 5 ft x 10 ft (1.5 m x 3 m) Dual-Side Drive
- Heavy Duty Unitized Machined Steel Gantry and Rail System
- Full Heat Shield Under Machine Beam
- 30 mm (1.18 in) Linear Guides on Cross Axis Gantry Bridge
- 30 mm (1.18 in) Linear Guides on both Rail Axes
Four Axis Drive System
- Requires 200-240VAC 1 PH 50/60 Hz Power to Cutting Machine
- Digital AC Servo Motors & Drive Amplifiers
- 1,200 IPM (30,480 mmpm) Rapid Traverse Speed
- 600 Watt (0.8 HP) Digital AC Servo Motors & Drive Amplifiers
- EDGE® Connect CNC controller with Phoenix motion control software
- EtherCAT Communication Interface